Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Exercise 6: Flickr Mashup

In response to exercise 6, I've enjoyed exploring Flickr. I'm intrigued by the "mashup". I'm not fond of the nomenclature but it is expedient in conveying the merger of the applications.

We have used Flickr previously to assist in the marketing of a theater production. It is good that so many people are so generous in allowing others to use their images.

Recently I took a very abbreviated course in PhotoShop and Dreamweaver. The young man seated next to me was a NASCAR fan and he was creating trading cards for the local drivers to supplement his income. I’m now wondering if it was with a “mashup” such as I found on Flickr that he was creating the cards. My question now is how did he make the verso of the card? How does one print the card in alignment back to front on the card stock?