Friday, July 20, 2007

Exercise 13: Del.icio.us

Del.icio.us would be a great tool for people to use at a public service desk. It seems that the student could wile away their “spare work time” in helping to build the reference resource. It could have well-organized, annotated links to frequently recommended sites. Even brand-new student assistants could perform like pros.

Del.icio.us could serve an even more challenging role of keeping me in some kind of good order. As a former cataloger I can relate to cloud tags. I especially like the idea of personally assigned (off the wall associated) tags. If tools such as these had existed decades ago how much further ahead could I have been in this game of life.

I’m not so certain about the social aspect of Del.icio.us. There were no good links for “adult beginner piano.” Maybe I’m the one who needs to create the list.

No comments: