Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Exercise 14: Technorati

Technorati is not exactly the most useable and easy to navigate product. It does have some virtue if you are truly determined.

As usual I was searching for the “adult beginner piano” player or student. The first search netted me quite a few in Japanese. I studied Japanese for only two semesters so this was not going to work. I was already in the advanced search and it was only after my search result had been returned that I could filter for English. (Since the developers of this product know that it is used worldwide there should have been an option to choose more than one language. Most Europeans read multiple languages and many Asians read at least a smattering of English.)

Ultimately I found a good piano site. I’m certain another product (I’m not sure which would have let me arrive with less annoyance.)

In the Google (beta blog search), with the search phrase "adult beginner piano student" I was rewarded with 2,454 sites. However Google blog search did not recognize the words as a phrase and no site listed on the first couple of pages were relevant. When I went in for the "adult beginner piano” search the only relevant blog listed was mine. The Google spiders had already picked me up.

No comments: