Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Exercise 18: Zoho Writer

Zoho writer a new word processor that is public domain. It has approxiamtely (sp) 18 fonts to choose from and a reasonalbe (sp) number of sizes. It has not corrected my misspellings but when I requested spell checker it did underline my boo-boos. I tried the export feature and exported my document to Word where I could then get the correct spellings for the errors.

This could make sharing a document easier for our students. The students could be using a shared interface instead of multiple word processors and thereby run into fewer problems. Sometimes our students come to us complaining that they do not have Word 2007 and since work processors are not forward compatible and the student does not know about the conversion application package that is available and fret a great deal. The diacritics work resumé. It was a interesting choice to use the omega as the special character symbol. I could not find a sharp or flat sign but when I went to Word I could not find it either.

How will I create my programme for my first recital? Maybe I'll just have to spell it out. cool

No comments: